Friday, October 19, 2012

Busy, busy, busy.

Recently my mom gave me some stuff.  One item was a flannel robe that was torn.  I thought, Hmm, lots of good material there:

So I cut the back off and made a receiving blanket for the new baby: 

Then with the front, I cut out a pair of pajamas, but I haven’t sewed that yet so no pix.  The robe had pockets so I strategically placed my pattern to take advantage of them, the PJs will have deep patch pockets on the front with no extra effort from me at all.

I’ve spent a lot of time with doctors lately, and I’m really getting tired of it.  And really getting just plain tired.  We’re dealing with the fact that the medicine I take for psoriatic arthritis isn’t working as well as it should anymore, plus I’m  becoming allergic to it.  Lots if itching involved.  In addition, a recent routine exam found a problem that nobody seems to be able to figure out, so I’m being subjected to all sorts of probing and prodding and loss of dignity.  As if psoriatic arthritis alone isn’t enough to deal with, now this?  Gee, thanks. 

Being this busy and this tired makes it hard to maintain usual standards.  Tuesday Allen and I spent all day in Pensacola at various doctors appointments, we got home around 5:30.  I had taken a meal out of the freezer, and I’m pretty sure it’s the last one I had in there!  I need to start making meals I can double, then freeze half.  That night we had pork adobo, a family favorite.  I threw rice into the rice cooker, and steamed some carrots.  While I was standing there waiting for water to boil, I started rummaging thru the fridge and found a slightly mangy orange that had gotten shoved to the back and forgotten.  I zested and juiced half of it, then when the carrots were done I added the orange plus a little margarine (butter would have been so much better, but not for Drake), the last bit of brown sugar in the cabinet, and a squirt of honey.  Those carrots were SO GOOD.  I made a total pig of myself on them.  When Drake saw the orange he wanted it, so I cut off the bad spot (it was only skin deep), cut the segments out for him and added them to his plate.  I wasn’t aware he’s such an orange fan.  That’s good to know.           

Yesterday I had to leave work in the middle of the day, see a doctor, then return and work late to make sure I wasn’t falling behind.  I stopped at Sam’s to pick up my RX and grabbed a take-&-bake pizza for supper while I was there.  These are FAR better than delivery, for several reasons. Cheaper, definitely.  Plus I could rake the cheese off a small section so Drake could eat it.  I’m pretty sure you can’t order a pizza from a chain restaurant and ask for one wedge with no cheese on it.  And these pizzas taste really good, we had spinach salad with it and everybody was happy.  Especially Drake.  He kept saying “My wike pizza”.  Imagine how much he’d “wike” it if he could have cheese on it.

Ayla’s C section is scheduled for 2 months from today.  Only 2 more months til we meet our new grandson!


Tahnee said...

Hugs - you "KNOW" I am ALWAYS here for you!!!

SheilaPCT said...

Love that blue plaid!!