Monday, January 14, 2013

Returning to normal?


I had some dental work done on Friday.  I’m recovering nicely, it‘s sore today but I’m at work and doing OK.  I still have to be careful while eating, last night for supper I ate a bowl of oatmeal.  This morning I’m having toast with marmalade, it’s good but I have to chew slowly and carefully.  I have a can of soup for my lunch.  I think the new partial fits better, well it’s the same partial but they changed up the right side to accommodate the new work.  It used to slip up and down a little bit and was uncomfortable sometimes.  Now, it seems to fit better.  Time will tell, once I can start eating properly we’ll see, but I think this is better.

While I’m glad this dental work is behind me, I have to say it put a pretty good sized dent into my savings.  If I‘m going to meet my goals this year I’ll have to buckle down on the savings by being more frugal, more careful with spending.  I know there are still changes I can make.  Also once Ayla is recovered from her C section she’ll be going back to work, that will ease some of my spending.    

Since I was recovering, I had a very restful weekend.  I spent it watching TV, reading, knitting and holding Zane.  Several times I’d let Drake get on my bed and he’d play all around me, all I had to do was smile at him and he was fine.  We told him I didn’t feel good and he was not pushy with me at all.  I finished the book I was reading, 1000 White Women, it was good but sad at the end, as I expected it to be.  I didn’t get to finish watching Downton Abbey but I did watch several episodes of Hawaii 5-0.  I also knitted a slipper, once I finish the pair they’ll go into the gift box and probably go to my dad, or Shane or Randy, for a birthday gift.
I cooked some dry kidney beans yesterday and Ayla used them to make a very good pot of chili last night.  She uses less chili powder and more sugar in hers but otherwise it’s the same recipe I taught her, and Shane and Drake prefer hers, I have never seen Drake eat so much.  She said she feels bad, making “my” recipes in front of me, and changing them.  I keep telling her, if you cook, you do it to YOUR taste.  I was able to eat some of it because the beans were really soft, and it was delicious.  I also taught her how to get tomato stains out of her shirt and explained, that’s why I change clothes before cooking, and we also have 2 aprons.  She had never noticed the aprons hanging on the wall but said she would use them from now on.
Apparently the lid I grabbed this morning for my tea cup is the wrong one.  Every time I take a drink it dribbles on my shirt.  I hope I can get the stains out tonight, this is a new and very comfortable shirt.

No comments: