Friday, December 28, 2012

What have I been up to??

Recovering from Christmas, mostly.

It’s been super chilly here the past few days, not like Florida at all!  At least we didn’t get hit with all those tornadoes like areas to our west!  That storm was bad.  Today is a little warmer here than yesterday but not much.  We’ve had the heat on higher than usual, for the baby.  He gets overheated if you put him in a heavy sleeper, starts sweating.  But in a light sleeper he gets a little chilly.  So til his body starts regulating his temp more reliably we’ll keep the heat up.

It doesn’t seem like Friday to me.  This 3 day work week threw me off.  And next week is the same.  I’m planning to see my parents over this long weekend, Ayla isn’t up to a long  drive yet so she and Zane won’t  be going with us, but Randy said if I would go on Sunday (his day off) he and Lyla will go with Drake and me.  So the plan for this weekend is to go there on Sunday, the rest of the time off will be to do as I please.  I want to use the theater GC Heather gave me to go see a movie this weekend, maybe a matinee on Monday.  Maybe do a little sewing, definitely do some cooking and housework.

Last night after we ate I froze the leftover stuffing, packaged up for 2 separate meals.   I froze the ham bone for beans or soup, there was no ham left on it so nothing there to freeze separately!!  It looked like locusts go a hold of that thing, it was so bare.  I divided the turkey into 4 packages, but each package is really enough to eat one meal of turkey, then use the leftovers from that in a casserole or soup, so at least 8 meals there.  I meant to leave out a little for tonight’s stirfry made from the veggie tray leftovers, but I forgot so that will be a vegetarian meal. No big deal.  I’ll make the turkey stock from the frozen bones this weekend, too.

I went grocery shopping last night and spent just over $40.  I need to stop at Sam’s on the way home tonight, get the big jug of laundry detergent and some spinach.  Hubby’s blood work registered too high on the Coumadin check so he needs to eat some leafy greens to bring it back down, and we’re out of spinach.  What this means to me is that we’ll be having spinach artichoke dip for New Year’s day.  Yum.  I bought a can of artichokes last night and I already had everything else.  I’d better make lots!!  That stuff goes fast at our house.   

No comments: